WWII in real time
Q. Who Are We? A. We are a group of people who got together in 2009 with the object of preserving, publicising and promoting the Kenton Bunker.
Q. What are our aims? A. In an ideal world, we’d like to restore the bunker to it’s former glory and open it to the public.
In reality we hope to have the bunker open for booked educational visits and perhaps for heritage open days.
Q. Who’s going to pay for this? A. We’d like to be able to say that we’re all filthy rich and we’ll fund it ourselves. Unfortunately this isn’t the case and we’ll have to apply for funding wherever we can. If we’re successful then we’d like for the bunker to be self supporting and reduce or remove the financial burden from the residents of Central Grange.
Q. Can I visit the bunker? A. At the moment – no. We currently have no access to the bunker due to complex, ongoing negotiations with Taylor Wimpey and their management company, RMG, as well as the residents of Central Grange.
Our Twitter Feed
- So this evening we had a volunteer clean up event and decided to have a go at the annoyingly blocked drain pipe... https://t.co/kMkc81Ofwf 09:46:38 PM September 06, 2017 from Facebook
- So this week, we dropped in to the bunker on Tuesday night as we had some whiteboards to store. As we were there... https://t.co/3acXRV9mLS 10:18:25 PM August 23, 2017 from Facebook
- Looks like the anti-climb paint's doing it's job. Maybe we should hang some rags up for the people trying to... https://t.co/ay5SKwIWYC 03:57:49 PM July 30, 2017 from Facebook
- So it turned out that the two fire extinguishers we thought lost weren't after all. I retrieved them tonight and... https://t.co/PmWOTheh2E 10:51:09 PM June 28, 2017 from Facebook
- Finally remembered to take a pic of the finished "window" effect. Also painted out the graffiti on the meter box.... https://t.co/PL3JMSgwmK 08:46:49 PM May 24, 2017 from Facebook
Help Preserve The Bunker