WWII in real time
Q. Who Are We? A. We are a group of people who got together in 2009 with the object of preserving, publicising and promoting the Kenton Bunker.
Q. What are our aims? A. In an ideal world, we’d like to restore the bunker to it’s former glory and open it to the public.
In reality we hope to have the bunker open for booked educational visits and perhaps for heritage open days.
Q. Who’s going to pay for this? A. We’d like to be able to say that we’re all filthy rich and we’ll fund it ourselves. Unfortunately this isn’t the case and we’ll have to apply for funding wherever we can. If we’re successful then we’d like for the bunker to be self supporting and reduce or remove the financial burden from the residents of Central Grange.
Q. Can I visit the bunker? A. At the moment – no. We currently have no access to the bunker due to complex, ongoing negotiations with Taylor Wimpey and their management company, RMG, as well as the residents of Central Grange.
Our Twitter Feed
- So it turned out that the two fire extinguishers we thought lost weren't after all. I retrieved them tonight and... https://t.co/PmWOTheh2E 10:51:09 PM June 28, 2017 from Facebook
- Finally remembered to take a pic of the finished "window" effect. Also painted out the graffiti on the meter box.... https://t.co/PL3JMSgwmK 08:46:49 PM May 24, 2017 from Facebook
- Finally got round to replacing the rechargeable inspection lamp that got stolen from the bunker last year with... https://t.co/9OQoa1QOC4 08:37:28 PM May 10, 2017 from Facebook
- Had a volunteers clean up day today, poorly attended due to it being the day Newcastle united were to win the... https://t.co/zhx5D0eyf9 03:26:07 PM May 07, 2017 from Facebook
- @mwamurphy No from the air intake behind the entrance to BOB bunker. New ones were being fitted. 09:30:09 AM March 14, 2017 from Twitter Web Client in reply to mwamurphy
Help Preserve The Bunker